Today I received a job offer. I’m not looking, but I figured someone might be. If you want to get into games, this job posting will help you figure out what you’ll need to learn.
Software Engineer - Your Opportunity to Change the Game
Are you a passionate software engineer looking for a home where you can have the kind of huge impact you would have in a start-up environment…but you want the glitz and stability of a global, established brand? At Zynga, we are on a mission - a mission to reestablish dominance in the gaming world. This is not a rumor; it is fact. We have room for strong developers with experience in web and mobile app development (serious game development experience is a big plus, of course, but not required).
We are looking for best-of-the-class Software Engineers to join our Invest and Express division. This position will work with a team of talented software engineers to deliver world-class games in the invest and express genre. Come and join us!
· Development of key game systems
· Lead technical discussions and key technical decisions
· Work with game designers and product managers to identify the best solutions balancing technical complexity and user experience
· Ability to identify problems and develop solutions
· Help on performance monitoring, tuning and optimization
· Play an important role in improving team’s technical depth and efficiency
· Provide regular technical direction to the engineering team.
· 4-6 years of professional software development experience
· Ability to effectively break down multi-week goals into objectives
· Strong analytical and technical problem solving skills, with a flair for business impact
· Excellent teamwork skills; ability to identify and solve key problems creatively with minimal guidance
· Provide mentorship and collaborate on performance reviews
· Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
· BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Strong proficiency in C# is desirable
• Experience with mobile software development (iOS and/or Android)
• Facebook and/or other social platform experience
If interested, send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zynga Inc. is a leading developer of the world’s most popular social games that are played by more than 100 million monthly consumers. The company has created evergreen franchises such as FarmVille, Zynga Casino and Words With Friends. Zynga’s NaturalMotion, an Oxford-based mobile game and technology developer, is the creator of hit mobile games in popular entertainment categories, including CSR Racing, CSR Classics and Clumsy Ninja. Zynga games have been played by more than 1 billion people around the world and are available on a number of global platforms including Apple iOS, Google Android, Facebook and Zynga.com.